Maple Syrup Sugar Pie
Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 444
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Chop vegetable shortening into flour in a bowl with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk 1 egg with cold water and vinegar in a measuring cup. Use your fingers to make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour about half the egg mixture into the well; mix the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture. Mix remaining half of egg mixture into dough, stirring just until combined.
- Roll dough into an 10-inch circle on a floured work surface and fit the pie crust into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish. Trim and flute the edges of the crust.
- Whisk maple syrup, 2 eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and brown sugar together in a bowl until brown sugar has dissolved. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set and small spots of sugary crust form on top of the filling, about 45 minutes. Chill until cold and firm, 5 to 6 hours, before serving.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 17.4 67.6 6.3 80 71 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made the recipe for tassie pie crust instead of the one written. As tassies, they took 20 minutes of baking time. This is sweet, maybe too sweet! Next time, I will try using white sugar ins...
It is perfect, but ... I used cream or one could use carnation milk also instead of sweet condensed milk... gives more a real maple flavour! You can use 1/2 of brown sugar also. I always double...
This is a great pie. REALLY sweet, but it's called Maple Syrup Sugar Pie, right? Wonderful texture, great crust, sweet sweet sweet. Great served in small slices with strong coffee.