Korean Saewoo Bokkeumbap (Shrimp Fried Rice)
Ingredients1 h servings 553 cals
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir carrot and green bell pepper until slightly softened, about 5 minutes; stir shrimp, onion, corn, and garlic into carrot mixture. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink and are no longer translucent, 5 more minutes. Pour off any liquid. Turn heat to low and let mixture simmer.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; pour 2 beaten eggs into hot oil and scramble the eggs until firm and no longer runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix scrambled eggs lightly into shrimp and vegetables.
- Stir rice, oyster sauce, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, and salt into shrimp mixture, tossing until rice is thoroughly combined with shrimp and vegetables and coated with sauce.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until butter stops foaming; break 1 of the 4 remaining eggs into the hot butter. Cover skillet and let egg cook until the bottom is slightly browned, the yolk is runny, and the top of the white is slightly firm, about 3 minutes. Set egg aside. Repeat with remaining 3 eggs.
- Serve shrimp fried rice topped with fried eggs. For a nice presentation, fill a bowl with 1/4 of the fried rice, press lightly to compact, and turn fried rice out onto a serving plate in a dome shape; top with a fried egg. Repeat with remaining rice and eggs.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 553 calories; 22.8 g fat; 61.2 g carbohydrates; 26.4 g protein; 375 mg cholesterol; 1209 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
The recipe itself was decent but I've read some of these reviews(as a half Korean) and can't help feeling this surge of disappointment. It just seems people don't respect the individuality of As...
Hubs is lucky I like him. He’s on a business trip today, getting home late tonite, and won’t have had a chance to eat all day. He told me he’s been looking forward to this dinner (I made this ...
This was delicious. Fried rice and eggs are a common breakfast on Maui and this is a good one. I made one small change. I used peanut oil with a drop or two of sesame oil because I like those oi...
Now, here is my go-to shrimp fried rice! I made two batches, the first one per the instructions. It was just marvelous and rates five stars on its own. On the second batch I used 24 ounces of fr...
Next time I will take a photo - this was possibly the best fried rice I have ever made. I usually make Chinese style, which is good, but these flavors and the fried eggs put this over the top! E...
The flavor was good, the eggs on top were unexpectedly good as well. I felt like the ratio of sauce to rice was a little too light for me. I might increase the sauce next time to saturate my r...
5 stars from the entire family! I'm hit or miss when it comes to rice and this came out perfect. I did omit the corn because we don't care for it in our fried rice. Also omitted the shrimp be...
This is absolutely delicious!!! I added cabbage, but other than that I cook it by the recipe.