Aunt Josephine's Fresh Pear Cake
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 529
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt(R)) with cooking spray; dust lightly with flour.
- Mix flour, baking soda, sea salt, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar and grapeseed oil together in a separate bowl until creamy; stir in eggs. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture; add pears. Blend batter with an electric mixer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Fold pecans into the batter and mix by hand until batter is well blended, about 2 more minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Loosen cake from pan by gently running the edge of a knife between cake and pan; let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Place a cake plate upside-down atop cake and flip pan to turn cake onto plate.
- Cook's Note:
- If you do not feel the cake release from the pan, cover with a damp cloth and let sit for 20 more minutes, then gently remove pan from cake.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 529 calories; 31.6 57.1 7 56 395 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This cake was wonderfully moist and baked up just perfect, which is hard to do where I live (altitude = 7000). So happy to find something delicious to make with the Bartlett pears in my Bountif...
This is a nice, mildly sweet cake, with a nice moist texture more like old-fashioned spice cake. The pear flavor doesn't stand out, however, and I disregarded the instructions to mix and mix fo...
It was delightfully yummy and moist. I also layered leftover pear slices at the bottom of the pan to give an upside down cake look. Not very sweet which we liked. I divided the sugar and soaked ...
Made as is the first time with gifted pears at Christmas. Loved it and made again with a cup of applesauce to make up pear deficit. Added raisins as I do with apple cake. Family loved it, wante...
Loved it. Was gone in 2 days. I substituted 1c of whole wheat flour for 1c of white. Cut back on the cloves and nutmeg and added more cinnamon. Highly recommended.