Mexican Lasagna - No Lasagna Noodles!
Ingredients1 h servings 368
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease. Add water and taco seasoning; cook and stir until mixture has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange 3 tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish; spread about half the can of refried beans and half the ground beef atop the tortilla layer. Sprinkle 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese over ground beef layer. Arrange 3 more tortillas over the cheese. Spread in the remaining 1/2 can refried beans and half the jar of taco sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese. Arrange 3 more tortillas and top with remaining ground beef and 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese. Top with last 3 tortillas and remaining 1/2 jar taco sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top tortilla layer begins to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese over lasagna.
- Turn on oven's broiler.
- Place lasagna under the broiler until Colby-Jack cheese is melted and bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 19.9 27.5 19.2 61 748 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
We made this for dinner, made our own little tweeks but its great! oh and EASY!!! Who doesnt love easy right. Just put in whetever you love in you taco/burrito and heat in oven, done! Make some ...
This was an excellent recipe! The only thing that was tweaked was I added onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes to the meat while it was cooking, and a garnish of cilantro. Sour cream is a must.
I added some chorizo to the ground beef, used medium salsa instead of taco sauce, served with sour cream...it was fantastic!
Wow! Just what I was looking for! I added a can of undrained Rotel to the meat and omitted the water...Other than that....followed recipe, and it was GREAT! Going into my meal rotation. Thanks f...
I'll admit to using ground Johnsonville Italian sausage instead of ground beef because I had it and it was still awesome!! I added in some green and orange bell peppers because I needed to use ...
Loved this recipe!! try throwing some onions into the meat, and top with tomatoes, black olives, onions, lettus, sour cream and guac! Perfect and EASY dinner for a busy day. Makes great leftover...
Excellent. I love anything Mexican. And this was super easy. Helpful hint: mix retried beans right in with the taco meat and layer as directed . I added salsa to my meat mixture as well.
This was good, the kids liked it, but it needed souped up with tomatoes, olives, etc.