Ingredients11 h 55 m servings 62 cals
- Place apples in a slow cooker. Cook on High, stirring occasionally, until apples are softened and broken down, about 3 hours. Add blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves; stir to combine. Lower temperature to Low. Simmer until apple butter is thickened, stirring often, 8 hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack apple butter into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 62 calories; 0.2 g fat; 16.2 g carbohydrates; 0.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; < 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Hi. This is my recipe and I want to share a few tips I have learned making this recipe. When I made this in the spring and the blueberries were very sweet, 2 cups of sugar was just right for m...
It's a good recipe. The only problem I had was when I put the apples in the slow cooker like the recipe asked for. The apples weren't breaking down. I put the sugar in with the apples. Then the ...
I really enjoyed this. So easy to make and really tasty. I think next time I'll cut down on the allspice and clove a little bit, just to suit my tastes. But this one's definitely a keeper.
This is a great recipe! It took longer than 11 hr. and 15 min. in my slow cooker to cook it down thick enough. I also processed it in half pint jars and gave it out to family and friends who h...
Thank you to the person who posted this recipe! It is delicious and super easy! I'm so glad I found a way to use a lot of blueberries at once. I will be making this every year! Try it on ham...