Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
made it | 0 reviews |
"Fill your house with the aroma of cinnamon as you bake a pan of these cinnamon rolls, topped with a vanilla-flavored icing--a perfect special occasion brunch treat."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 403 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (12 cinnamon rolls)
- Combine potatoes, potato water, butter, sugar, salt and hot water in large mixer bowl. Stir until butter melts; set aside and let cool. Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in small bowl. Add eggs, 2 cups flour and yeast mixture to potato mixture. Continue adding flour, 1 cup at a time until soft dough forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 4 to 6 minutes), OR knead with electric mixer using dough hook. Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place about 1 hour, until doubled.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12x18-inch rectangle. Spread with half the butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the mixture over surface. Roll up tightly, sealing edges. Cut into 12 slices. Place in greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.
Per Serving: 403 calories; 13.4 g fat; 65.4 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 292 mg sodium. Full nutrition