Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 276
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Mix popcorn and cashews together in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt, and cream of tartar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer inserted into the middle of the syrup, not touching the bottom, reads 260 degrees F (127 degrees C), 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove syrup from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over popcorn and cashews; stir to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until sugar mixture has baked and caramelized onto popcorn and cashews, about 1 hour. Spread cashew caramel corn onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to cool. If desired, form into balls while still warm.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 16.9 31.1 2.5 20 329 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made this last night and I love it! Delicious and I love the cashews in this. When I make this again, and I will, I will roast the nuts a little bit before I put them in. Yummy recipe!
I didn't have cream of tartar and used dark corn syrup. This turned out yummy. I ended up just leaving it in bite size chunks. Stored in freezer when I need a taste of something sweet.
It turned out great. Reminds me of Cracker Jack's. Haven't had that since I was a kid!
Making now almost done. Used cashews and pecans. I'll bake slightly longer because I like it crunchy. This is scrumptious on a rainy evening like tonight. Where's my book?