Grilled Sausage with Pepperonatta
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 316
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Roast red, yellow, and orange bell peppers on the preheated grill until blackened on all sides, about 15 minutes. Turn peppers as they blacken. Transfer peppers to a large resealable plastic bag and close the bag; set peppers aside until cool. Strip off and discard the skins, remove stems and seeds, and dice the peppers.
- Cook sausages on the grill until browned and no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of a sausage should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add diced peppers to the onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Slice cooked sausages on the diagonal into bite-size pieces and stir into the onion and peppers.
- Raise heat to medium-high and stir in red wine and oregano. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until the red wine has reduced by one third, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
You might also like
Per Serving: 316 calories; 24.3 8.5 12.8 36 761 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I following this recipe to a "T" and it was delicious! The peppers had extraordinary flavor and made this dish. I served my on buns as a sandwich. Thanks for sharing this recipe!