Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 419 cals
- Stir potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and black pepper together in a 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetable mixture and place chicken thighs into the cooker. Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover, set cooker to Low, and cook until vegetables and chicken are tender and sauce has thickened, 6 to 7 hours. If preferred, set cooker to High and cook 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving time, preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Stir biscuit mix and Cheddar cheese in a bowl until thoroughly combined; mix in milk. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead 10 times. Roll dough out into a 1/2-inch thick circle and cut out biscuits with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps as needed. Arrange biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While biscuits are baking, remove chicken thighs from slow cooker and let stand until cool enough to handle. Strip meat off the bones and coarsely chop; discard bones. Return chicken meat to the slow cooker; stir in peas and cream cheese until cream cheese has melted and sauce is creamy. Cook for 10 more minutes. Serve with Cheddar biscuits.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 18.8 g fat; 40.7 g carbohydrates; 22.2 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 799 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this nearly as written, and according to my family, we have a "keeper." I did not add the peas only because I didn't have them on hand, and I did substitute lower-fat cream cheese. I su...
Followed the recipe pretty faithfully and I thought it was definitely good, but way too heavy on the herbs for me. The thyme and sage just completely overpowered any other flavor to this. I woul...
This is a tasty stew. I used fresh mushrooms, chicken breasts and about half the amount of cream cheese. an d probably more carrots jut because I like them.. Very easy reheats well.