Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 354 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour egg whites, eggs, and cottage cheese into a blender; pulse several times to mix and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus and onion until asparagus is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and black pepper; cook in hot oil until they turn pink and are no longer translucent in the center, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and spread shrimp into the crust; top with asparagus mixture. Pour cottage cheese mixture over vegetables and shrimp. Spread Monterey Jack cheese over the top of the quiche. Sprinkle green onions over cheese.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until cheese topping is lightly browned and the quiche is set in the center, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 20.6 g fat; 16.4 g carbohydrates; 25.5 g protein; 159 mg cholesterol; 554 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This is really good! I cooked the shrimp in a little sesame oil, salt and pepper which gave it a nice Asian flavor. I also cooked the shrimp with the asparagus and onion after the asparagus w...
Very good recipe but we did follow previous review instructions as to not blend the eggs & cottage cheese) and we used about 1/2 bunch of asparagus since it overflowed the first time we prepar...
The Dear Wife and I made this for our Easter Supper. Loved it and have put it on our list of favorites. We didn't have any green onions, but next time we'll add them. This was good eating!
I like the base layer of this quiche -- the onion, asparagus and shrimp are an elegant combination. I steamed the asparagus to an "al dente" status, then sliced before sauteeing, and also blanch...
Just made this tonight and served up for my wife and I. Only thing different is we added mushrooms (great add on if you like mushrooms!) and forgot to put the cottage cheese/eggs mix in when su...