Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 408 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fit pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake crust in preheated oven until just beginning to brown on the edge, about 10 minutes. Let the crust cool.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook asparagus pieces and sun-dried tomatoes in hot butter, stirring often, until asparagus is tender and bright green, about 10 minutes; season mixture with salt and black pepper. Transfer vegetables to the prebaked pie crust.
- Pour eggs and cream into a blender; add nutmeg. Pulse several times to blend the egg mixture; pour over vegetables in the pie crust.
- Bake in the oven until egg mixture is set and quiche is lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Let quiche stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with chili sauce.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 29.6 g fat; 28.5 g carbohydrates; 10.4 g protein; 192 mg cholesterol; 518 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is one of those "lost" recipes on AllRecipes. I'm surprised there are no other reviews, as it's great. I served this for a luncheon and everyone cleaned their plates. I found that it only...
Turns out the jar I thought was sun dried tomatoes was in fact sun dried tomato pesto...what a fortuitous mistake! The flavors blended well with the asparagus. This is a quiche in the traditio...
I didn't use chili sauce but pepper flakes. Even so the burn from the peppers out weighed the delicate taste of the asparagus. The next time I make it , I'll use a small amount of hot sauce so ...
I had been itching to try making a quiche lately, and this one was definitely decent. I _did_ take another reviewer's suggestion and whisked the egg mixture rather than waste time putting it in...