Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 396 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Wrap sweet potato in aluminum foil.
- Bake sweet potato in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk white sugar and canola oil together in a bowl. Add eggs; mix well. Sift flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg into sugar mixture. Slowly whisk water into flour-sugar mixture until incorporated.
- Peel sweet potato; mash into the batter. Fold in 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Reduce oven temperature to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Pour glaze over bread.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 17.6 g fat; 58 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 253 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
okay. haven't had a chance to actually taste it yet but i just finished glazing the bread. a few little annoyances i had with the recipe were: i could not get the butter and brown sugar to actua...
I made muffins instead of bread and it was amazing they lasted two days. I also added just a dash of ginger, put walnuts and brown sugar(not melted) on top instead of the inside.
I have tried this recipe and it turned out very good. I made it into muffins (about 12-14 per recipe)that I baked 20 mins. Also since I can't eat the nuts, I substituted 1/3 cup of pumpkin see...
OK so I made this but made muffins rather than a loaf. I made a few changes, I only used 1 cup of white sugar (we don't like things too sweet in our house)and it was plenty sweet enough but thin...
Delicious! I had some cranberries on hand so I threw them in the batter and folded them in the batter. Completely forgot to make the glaze, but it was yummy still. Makes a great breakfast brea...
Delish! I didn't make the toping but the cake part was awesome. Thank you for posting.