Ingredients6 h 50 m servings 399 cals
- Whisk beer, teriyaki sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder together in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the chicken breasts on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish and top each with a slice of Muenster cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine tomatillos and water in a large saucepan; bring water to a boil, place cover on saucepan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until tomatillos begin to burst, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir onion and garlic into tomatillo sauce; season with salt and pepper; continue cooking at a low boil until onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour tomatillo sauce into a blender. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend until smooth. Stir sour cream and cilantro into the tomatillo sauce; pour over the chicken and Muenster cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 19.1 g fat; 21.8 g carbohydrates; 33.4 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 948 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was a nice dish..I liked it. I didn't buy 3 1/2 pound of tomatillos.. at 1.99 a pound was pretty $. I bought half a pound, probably used a bit more sour cream and it was enough for 3 nice s...
I made this Primarily for the green sauce so I did not use the teriyaki marinated. I did cook a jalapeno with my tomatillos and it turned out great. will definitely make again