Ingredientsservings 408 cals
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan and stir in the pancetta. Cook until crispy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the spaghetti until it is al dente, in 4 quarts of rapidly boiling, salted water.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of spaghetti cooking water. Drain the spaghetti in a colander. Immediately return the spaghetti to the pot and, keeping the heat very low, rapidly stir in the eggs, reserved water, and half the cheese. Toss continuously until the eggs are gently cooked and the sauce is creamy.
- Add the reserved pancetta and any drippings. Stir well. Add a generous grinding of pepper. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
- Recipe Provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito
Per Serving: 408 calories; 16.1 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 21.2 g protein; 162 mg cholesterol; 591 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I've made this recipe several times with bacon instead of pancetta. As mentioned already, it is simple, quick, and yummy - one of those recipes where you're bound to have the ingredients alread...
Got this recipe from our parish priest in the mid 70's. Have always made w/ bacon. It is wonderful but the key is to not skimp on the ground pepper.If you want to really bump up the calories & ...
Alright, perhaps someone can troubleshoot me. I followed the recipe exactly, except for the oil brand (I used the EVOO I had in my cupboard, Bertoli I think, which I bought quite recently) and t...