Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 500 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, carrot, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until the vegetables are evenly coated in seasonings.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is soft and garlic is light golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Add vegetable mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Combine tomatoes and 1/4 cup red wine in a large pot over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture into a blender with remaining 1/4 cup red wine and cornstarch to no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Return blended tomatoes to pot over medium-low heat. Stir vegetable mixture through tomato sauce; bring to a simmer and cook until thick, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 20.3 g fat; 72.4 g carbohydrates; 10.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 3419 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
My picky teenage son and I are in the middle of a 21-day Daniel Fast, which limits our diet to fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It's tough to find recipes that meet these criteria while sat...