Pearl Couscous with Lentils, Carrots, Spinach, and Corn
Ingredients55 m servings 178
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until it turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until garlic starts to brown, about 5 to 8 more minutes. Mix in the lentils and cook 3 to 4 minutes to blend flavors, stirring lightly. Stir carrots and corn kernels into the mixture. Reduce heat to low. Pour in 2 tablespoons white wine and 2 tablespoons chicken broth; let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth and 1/4 cup white wine to a boil in a saucepan; stir in couscous and reduce heat to low. Simmer couscous until the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous pearls are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir 2 more tablespoons each of chicken broth and white wine into lentil mixture and lightly toss baby spinach leaves into the vegetables in the skillet until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked couscous to a serving bowl and gently stir the spinach-lentil mixture into couscous until thoroughly combined. Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with black pepper, and lightly stir again.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 2.2 30.7 6.2 1 324 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I know what it's like to have a great recipe to share but no photo so I thought I would give this a try based solely on how it sounded and I am glad I did. This dish is really delicious but the...
A very light, tasty and easy to make salad. I agree with a previous reviewer that it was a bit bland so I added an extra 2 tbsps of fresh lemon juice at the end. Next time I may try to spice it ...
This is a very good recipe. I liked it. I left out the wine. I used whole wheat pearl couscous and black lentils.. any color lentils would work and dried/ cooked lentils would be fine in this as...
I made this tonight since I’m trying to eat more meatless meals. I also had some Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains blend to use up and wasn’t sure how to use it. I cooked the Harvest Grains as directe...