Peach Barbecue Sauce
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 35 m servings 62 cals
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- Place peaches, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, cherry peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, sugar, vinegar, liquid smoke, herb seasoning, mustard seeds, salt, black pepper, celery seeds, ginger, and cinnamon in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until peaches and vegetables begin to brown, scraping the bottom of pot frequently to keep from scorching, about 1 hour.
- Reduce heat and simmer mixture until softened and slightly reduced, 30 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree mixture using a hand blender until well blended. Pour mixture, about 1 cup at a time, through a fine mesh strainer; press remaining sauce in strainer with a ladle to remove fibrous portions of tomato skins. The strained sauce should be glossy and thick. Stir in tomato paste and blend until smooth.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the barbeque sauce into the hot sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
- Cook's Note:
- It is not always necessary to add the tomato paste to this sauce. If the sauce is sufficiently reduced, this step is not needed.
Per Serving: 62 calories; 0.8 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 0.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 206 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1