Ingredients55 m servings 222 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x10-inch baking pan.
- Cook and stir dates, chocolate, water, white sugar, and 1/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- Beat brown sugar and 3/4 cup butter together in a bowl until creamy. Add oats, flour, walnuts, baking soda, and salt; stir until texture is crumbly.
- Press half the oat mixture into bottom of the prepared pan. Evenly spread chocolate-date mixture over oat mixture layer; crumble remaining oat mixture over chocolate-date layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cut into 30 small squares.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 10.3 g fat; 32.6 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious! I had been wanting to make these since the picture was posted. The only change I made was to use brewed coffee in the date/chocolate mixture instead of water. Loved these!
I tried this recipe, but with the coffee variation mentioned above. Very rich. Next time I will cut the sugar