Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 h 30 m servings 63 cals
Original recipe yields 32 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place 1 cup red wine, olive oil, beef neck bones, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and black pepper in a roasting pan; stir to coat.
- Roast neck bones and vegetable mixture in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender, 1 hour. Stir in about 2 tablespoons red wine while scraping any browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan. Roast until vegetables are browned, about 30 more minutes.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a 16-quart soup pot over medium-low heat; simmer for 30 minutes. Add tomato paste, plum tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, basil, oregano, and parsley; stir well. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces, 8 hours.
- Remove neck bones from sauce; scrape marrow out of bones. Add marrow to sauce and simmer until dissolved, 1 to 2 more hours.
- Transfer sauce to a blender in batches, filling blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree until smooth.
Per Serving: 63 calories; 2 g fat; 9.5 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 377 mg sodium. Full nutrition