Ingredients15 m servings 547
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat beans, salsa and chili powder over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup bean mixture onto center of each tortilla; spread slightly. Top with lettuce and cheese. Roll up tortillas. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
- Health Twist: This lighter version of refried bean roll-ups shaves off 70 calories and 7 grams of fat from each serving of the regular recipe.
- Purchasing: Traditional refried beans are prepared much like their name suggests. Cooked beans are mashed and fried, often in lard. Check your grocery aisle for equally tasty fat-free refried beans.
- Variation: If you like your tacos "loaded," then load these up, too! Bulk them up in colorful, delicious style with chopped or sliced jalapeños, sliced ripe or green olives, chopped tomato or chopped bell pepper.
- Using a slow cooker will create a delicious, authentic dish with very little hands-on time.
- ©2012 and ®/™ of General Mills
Per Serving: 547 calories; 4.4 86.8 19.5 13 1414 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I’m not sure if opening a can of beans and a jar of salsa can be considered cooking but I do know that the few ingredients combined in this recipe taste great. I topped mine with grilled onions...
Call it cooking or not it was a recipe I hadn't thought of.It was "clean out my cabinets week".I don't use refried beans but my daughter had left some.I entered refried beans in the search area ...