Fish Taco Torta Sliders
made it | 0 reviews |
Old El Paso®
"Tortas are the Mexican version of a sandwich. Try Old El Paso's® take on a fish taco sandwich. The mini size make this a dish the kids will also love!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 355 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 sliders)
- In deep fat fryer or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 1/2 inches oil to 350 degrees F. Cut each tilapia fillet into 8 rectangular pieces, approximately 4x1-inch each.
- In large bowl, mix club soda, flour and taco seasoning mix. Dip tilapia pieces into batter, and carefully transfer to hot oil 6 pieces at a time. Fry about 4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown (tail sections may cook more quickly). Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- In large bowl, mix cabbage, sour cream and salsa. Spread inside tops and bottoms of buns with refried beans. Fill each bun with 3 or 4 pieces fried tilapia and cabbage mixture. Serve warm.
- Make it your own: Customize your tortas with new fun toppings each time you make this. The sky is the limit!
- ©2012 and ®/™ of General Mills
Per Serving: 355 calories; 14.1 g fat; 181.9 g carbohydrates; 18.2 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 408 mg sodium. Full nutrition