Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 (12-inch) pizza)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Brush crust with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Combine mozzarella cheese, onions and carrots; spread over the crust.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 15 to 18 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned. Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes. While pizza is baking, toss together lettuce, tomatoes and Italian salad dressing. Spread over pizza and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately!
- *If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
- **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Per Serving: 560 calories; 28.9 52 22.6 41 1120 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I love a good salad-on-pizza combination. This one was very good! My favorite part was adding the carrots before baking. I never would have done that before this recipe. I will definitely be mak...