Ingredients1 h servings 459 cals
- Spray a large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup mixture over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.
- To serve, set out small bowls of your favorite candies, nuts or fruits and let your guests individualize their own Halloween treat.
Per Serving: 459 calories; 21 g fat; 67.8 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 587 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 48
This was a huge hit with the kids at my friend's house this afternoon. This solidifies my reputation as the awesome aunt that gives them candy and tasty treats.
What a fun recipe! Me and my little guy really had a blast mixing in all the . Can't forget to mention how absolutely delicious the caramel corn is too!
Surprisingly easy, and wonderfully delicious. I used the dark Karo syrup and the taste is outstanding. It's as good as the popcorn I'd pay $30 for the same amount of here in Chicago. I think...
This one was big hit in our house and all we made was the caramel corn. I don't think we will ever buy the "Name Brand" again.
Very easy and delicious. I used dark Karo and a bit more salt. The favorite add ins for this were peanuts, M&Ms and candy corn
I thought the caramel corn was absolutely delicious! I have never made it before, but I will definitely be making it again. Reese's pieces and peanuts make great stir-ins!
This caramel corn was very good and so muuch easier than making my usual popcorn balls...no burnt hands either..I do like the flavor of my Pop's molasses popcorn balls a bit better tho. These we...
There's just one word for this popcorn - YUM! I've made this three times within a week and can't get enough of it. I'm sure the phase will pass (or should I say I hope it does) but for now I'm e...