Oven-Baked Chicken Linguine
Ingredients50 m servings 525 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook and stir chicken, onion, and garlic until onion is tender, chicken is no longer pink in the center and chicken juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juice, oregano, basil, and thyme; cook until liquid has almost evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked linguine and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese with chicken mixture in a large bowl; toss until Cheddar cheese begins to melt. Transfer mixture to a deep casserole dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 525 calories; 18.5 g fat; 58.3 g carbohydrates; 30.2 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 272 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
The recipe doesn’t indicate if the tomatoes are supposed to be canned or fresh, so I used a 14-1/2 oz can as well as a few freshly-chopped Campari tomatoes. Once I started cooking the chicken m...
I replaced the tomatoes with a can of rotel to give it a bite! Wonderful!!!
Oven-Baked Chicken Linguine Haiku: "More like 'pasta bake', as oven's point is just melt. Still, it tasted great." I guess I'm glad that the title was misleading (in that nothing is actually "ba...
This was good, but dry. I think the pasta portion could be cut down quite a bit. Also, adding parmesan cheese helped.
Was very good! Word of advice; pay attention to the portion sizes. My pasta box had twice the amount called for in the recipe and if I hadn't noticed it probably would have turned out bland. Tas...