Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 296
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Move an oven rack to the center of the oven.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices to a plate lined paper towels to drain, reserving the bacon fat in the skillet. Crumble the bacon once cooled.
- Crumble sausage into the reserved bacon fat; cook and stir until the sausage is completely browned and no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain sausage and set aside in a bowl. Return skillet to medium-high heat.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet. Cook and stir onion, bell pepper, oregano, and sage in the hot oil until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce, rice, water, bacon, sausage, and the onion mixture in a baking dish with a lid; season with salt and black pepper. Stir until evenly mixed. Cover dish with aluminum foil and the lid.
- Bake in preheated oven until the rice is tender, about 1 hour. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 16.1 25.2 12.2 38 891 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This is such a simple recipe but it yields a very tasty result. I only had hot Italian sausage, so that was what I used (I'd like to try it with sage breakfast sausage too) and since I can't ea...
Quick to throw together with a minimum of fuss. I forgot to add the bacon but it was still good. Leftovers were good also.
I changed this recipe a bit by using homemade spicy breakfast sage sausage and homemade cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato sauce. I left out the bacon only because I forgot it. I topped i...
This was very good I used basmatti rice and added mozzarella cheese for the last few minutes of baking. Would definately make this again.
Simple, tasty and easy on the budget. This reminded me of something my mother used to make but better. I left out the bacon because we don't care for it. Everyone in the family enjoyed this dish...
Very nice and easy dish to put together. I did make a couple of changes(1) i make my own tomatoe sauce so that is what i used.(2)I used Italian rice cause that is what i had. The rest remained t...
This is sensational! I made two small changes regarding the ingredients: First, I had some hot sausage and hamburger mix that was leftover from some chili I made, so I used that instead of stra...