Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 563
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Press pie crust pastry into the bottom of a 10-inch pie dish; reserve top crust.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, celery, parsley, oregano, salt, and black pepper until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add sweet potato; simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in peas; reduce heat to low.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir turkey and flour until turkey is heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour milk into saucepan with turkey and bring to a simmer. Transfer turkey sauce to vegetable mixture and continue to cook until thickened, about 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bake bottom crust in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes; pour turkey and vegetable mixture into crust. Roll reserved top crust over turkey filling and pinch edges to seal. Cut four slits in the top crust for steam to escape.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to add in any other veggies like corn or green beans. Also, I enjoy the sweet potatoes but you can use regular potatoes as well.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 563 calories; 32.4 45.9 21.7 52 513 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This recipe is great! Although a bit more work than some of the other recipes I found, it's well worth it! I used frozen and thawed turkey left over from Christmas, so the turkey didn't exactly ...
Made this last night and making it again!!! For a bunch of picky eaters this is a hit!!! Thank you so so much for this.recipe.
This was pot pie was delicious. I would add a little less oregano next time and maybe a bit of poultry seasoning. The consistency of the vegetables and turkey was perfect. Great recipe!
really good as it and I served with my homemade cranberry sauce. My 5 and 2 yrs old loved it too!
Great recipe taste great and made it with gluten free all purpose flour