Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sift 1 1/2 cup flour with baking powder in a bowl. Cream margarine with 1/2 cup brown sugar in a separate large bowl, beating mixture until smooth. Stir flour mixture into creamed butter mixture and stir in 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs until foamy in a bowl; stir in dark corn syrup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is smoothly combined; pour over prebaked crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup pecans and return to oven.
- Return to oven and bake until the topping is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
You might also like
Per Serving: 295 calories; 12.5 44.3 3.8 31 223 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was good, but like the other review, there is something missing. Maybe more salt in the crust to off-set the sweet topping? And the crust maybe a bit too thick, it seemed overwhelming. Smal...