Ingredients40 m servings 278
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray 10 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups sifted whole wheat flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix together mashed bananas, 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, egg, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Gently fold banana mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened; do not overmix. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Mix dark brown sugar with 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl, stirring until combined; mash 1 tablespoon unsalted butter into the mixture with a fork until streusel topping resembles crumbs. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean or with moist crumbs, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Sifting the whole wheat flour adds air and allows the wheat flour to become lighter, so that the muffins are less dense.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 11.4 43 3.8 46 302 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
This recipe is the best ever! I was searching and searching for the healthy and delicious baked goods and the idea of moist banana muffin yet entirely whole wheat flour muffin was very tempting....
Very good. I didn't do the streusal topping--I'd run out of steam by then, so just topped with a sprinkle each of cinnamon and brown sugar. Hubs and niece really enjoyed them; niece says 4 1/2...
Just took these muffins out of the oven- they are delicious warm with a cold glass of milk. I don't usually like to make changes to recipes when I review them, but I didn't do the topping becaus...
Great whole wheat alternative to the popular "Banana Crumb Muffins" recipe. Made these muffins several times, store them in the freezer, and they are great!
I was looking for a use for my over-ripe bananas and I only have whole wheat flour. I made these exactly according to the recipe. They were so easy and very delicious. I would highly recommend.
My kiddo said it might be the best muffin he has ever eaten- and he has eaten a few! Wonderful wonderful muffins using freshly ground whole wheat flour. Used oil instead of butter and made 12 mu...
Loved it!! Best muffins I've ever made. Skipped the streusal bit because I thought it would be too sweet (was naughty and added some apple sauce). Was great warm but got even more moist when coo...
This recipe turned out amazing! I got 12 muffins and they were fully cooked at 18 minutes.