Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 368 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine apples, cinnamon and water. Microwave for 3-4 minutes. The apples should be slightly tender.
- Drain apples and toss with Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip. Spoon the apples into bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Dip each piece of bread into egg mixture and place on top of apple layer. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Spoon any extra egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour melted butter over the slices of bread and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Allow French toast to stand for a few minutes before eating. Serve with extra warm caramel sauce.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 17.2 g fat; 48.2 g carbohydrates; 6.8 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 316 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It was good, but a little bland. I think I might use some lemon juice on the apples if I make it again and/or apples with a stronger flavour. I set the oven on broil for the last 2 min.