Ingredients55 m servings 438
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Add cooking sauce, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the cooked pasta; stir well.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon pasta mixture into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture on top; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, removing foil last 10 minutes of bake time, until cheese melts and mixture is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with basil.
- *Instead of ricotta cheese, you can substitute 3/4 cup cottage cheese and increase Parmesan cheese to 1/2 cup.
- For extra-easy cleanup, line the casserole with foil.
- For even more flavor, try using hot Italian pork sausage.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 23.4 29.8 26 88 977 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My family really liked this and I thought it was ok...sausage really added flavor. The thing for me, is I make these pasta bakes often and I didn't think the Starter really added anything...sam...
My husband really liked this and he doesn't usually like pasta dishes...He loved the taste of the fresh basil....He did say it could use more sauce though, I agree. I added a can of tomato sauce...
I made so many changes to this recipe that it's hard to rate it. However, what I did to it made it really good. I used penne (instead of ziti), ground beef (instead of sausage), 1 T. dried basil...
My husband looooves this and he is a very picky eater. The thing about this recipe is I just use whatever I have on hand. If I have an egg, great, if not, oh well. I use whatever cheese I hap...