Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 436
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cover sweet potatoes with water in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with white sugar, milk, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Spread mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, pecans, and flour in another bowl. Pour margarine over pecan mixture; toss until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until pecan topping is hard, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- If you have left-over topping, it can be kept in the refrigerator for about a month in a sealed container. For a quick sweet potato fix - just boil yourself a sweet potato, add a little butter, brown sugar and nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 436 calories; 18.9 64.2 5.4 48 304 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Great recipe. Have made it for Thanksgiving for years. Grandkids still like it topped with marshmallows, so do it with half pecan topping and half topped with marshmallows. Everyone is happy.
I reduced the recipe down to use one potato and I used one whole egg since quartering the recipe meant that it called for 3/4 of an egg. I wrapped my sweet potato in foil and baked it since th...