Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 505 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt(R)).
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together in a bowl. Cream butter and vegetable shortening together in a separate large bowl until thoroughly combined; beat in white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Beat eggs, water, and vanilla extract into the shortening mixture, followed by the flour mixture. Gently stir in zucchini and 1/2 cup walnuts. If batter seems dry, mix in 1 more tablespoon water.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat and stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar until it has dissolved and small bubbles appear in the mixture. Stir 1/2 cup walnuts into the brown sugar mixture.
- Spoon brown sugar-walnut mixture into the bottom of the prepared cake pan and pour cake batter over the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert over a serving plate to reveal the brown sugar topping.
Per Serving: 505 calories; 28 g fat; 59.8 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 407 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
an interesting way to use zucchini.... very nice flavor and texture!
The cake itself is great, but I wish I would've skipped the topping. It stuck to the pan, despite the pan being adequately greased, and the cake looked pretty rough when it finally came out. Nex...
Great recipe! Instead of 1/2 vegetable shorting I added 1/2 of coconut oil. Delicious!
This cake is so moist. I followed all instructions, but substituted pecans for the walnuts.
this was so good i had to stop myself from eating a third piece. my son, loved it and he is not a big fan of zucchini. l followed the recipe except i used a 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in the ...