Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 91
- In a medium bowl beat butter on high for 30 seconds; add sugar and beat well. Stir in flour and beat well. Stir in almonds and lemon zest. Divide dough into thirds and chill, covered, for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch in thickness. Cut with 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl beat egg and water together; brush over cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate; place on wax paper to cool.
Per Serving: 91 calories; 5.6 10.4 1.1 11 24 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We didnt like these at all. Mantecados we know are from spain and this is nothing like it. Sorry, we were disappointed.
These are absolutely delicious-- the ground almonds and lemon zest are a refreshing addition to a basic shortbread recipe. We couldn't keep our hands off them even BEFORE they were dipped in ch...