Perfect Polenta Dressing
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 187
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Whisk chicken stock, egg yolk, cornmeal, kosher salt, and white pepper together in a saucepan. Bring to a low boil; cook and stir until cornmeal absorbs all the chicken stock, about 8 minutes. Remove polenta from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir sausage, onion, fennel, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until sausage is fully cooked and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir sausage mixture into polenta until fully incorporated. Add bread cubes, pears, parsley, balsamic vinegar, sage, summer savory, and nutmeg; stir to combine. Transfer polenta mixture to the prepared casserole dish; cover with an oven-proof lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until polenta dressing is cooked through and slightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute French bread or other sturdy white bread cubes, and use dried apricots or dried figs instead of the pears.
Per Serving: 187 calories; 8.6 22.2 6 38 749 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1