Easy Mini Apple Pies
Ingredients30 m servings 651
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir apples, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt in the melted butter until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Flatten biscuit dough on a flat work surface. Place a portion of apple filling into the middle of each dough portion. Fold dough around the filling and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Fry pies in the hot oil until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 651 calories; 56.3 34.3 3.9 13 561 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Okay. A few things: First, holy butter, Batman! Scale it back to a tablespoon and a half. I promise, it's plenty. Secondly, these cook up in less than a minute each. I dropped two of them in the...
I did scale back the butter a bit but not that much. Great idea. Don't use the small biscuits, hard to form. Next time I think as I am rolling and flattening the biscuits, I will sprinkle with a...
This also works great at Thanksgiving with a sweet potato stuffing
As I doing up apple sauce and had a bit left over this was a great way to use it up and it turned out just fantastic. I used my own recipe for the biscuts and never put any butter in the spple ...