Ingredients2 h servings 344 cals
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with pecans. Arrange apple slices over pecans. Layer bread slices over apple in two layers.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt in a bowl; pour over bread and allow to set for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Uncover and bake in preheated oven until fluffy and golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 344 calories; 15.9 g fat; 43.8 g carbohydrates; 7.7 g protein; 139 mg cholesterol; 394 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
We love this, after I made some changes : ) 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter,cinnamon, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pinch of salt and about 1/3 cup of cream. I added sliced bananas & topped ...
LOVED this recipe. We left off the pecans and doubled the apples, but everything else was exactly as written. PERFECT! Tasted like french toast and bread pudding combo. Brought it to a work brun...
hmmmm how to review.I did have to sub almonds for the pecans other than that stayed true to the recipe. This would make an excellent bread pudding. That being said, it is WAY too sweet for frenc...
I'm glad that I added this to our Easter Brunch. I kept the nuts off because kids don't always like them. I used one apple and pared off thin slices with the potato peeler to cover the entire ...
I followed the recipe a week ago to test it before serving it to friends. We liked it, but it needed a few small changes for New Years Day brunch. The first time round there wasn't enough wet in...
Excellent. Made the night before (took 10 mins). My french bread was extra thick so I added 8 eggs, keeping the milk the same. Crushed pecans made this awesome. Next time I will double the sauce...
This is a delicious recipe! I added a little more apple to make it pretty and just put one layer of bread instead of two but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. To me it is perfect. The b...