Pumpkin Pie Seeds
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 62
- Place pumpkin seeds, water, and salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium; boil seeds for 10 minutes. Drain seeds but do not rinse. Pat seeds dry with paper towels and spread out onto a work surface or a baking sheet for 30 minutes to dry.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 1 minute. Toss seeds in the melted butter and mix in 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom; toss again to coat seeds thoroughly with spices. Spread seeds out onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted and crunchy, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir several times during baking. Sprinkle toasted seeds with 1 tablespoon sugar or as desired; cool before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Sugar pumpkin seeds work best in terms of edible shells, but carving pumpkin seeds will work too.
Per Serving: 62 calories; 3 7.8 1.5 4 1168 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I did not boil the seeds. I just rinsed them, let them air dry for about 20 min. then mixed them with the butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and nutmeg (didn't use cardamom) and bak...
This recipe was awesome! It was a nice twist on traditional roasted pumpkin seeds!
I made these several ways ea. different from the other. Just some different flavors to help spice up our days! Our Bodies & Minds as well! If you like them please let me know what you think or w...
I was looking for a sweet pumpkin seed recipe. This one turned out pretty good. I could mostly only taste the cinnamon and sugar, so I was a little disappointed that the seeds didn't taste like ...