Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 494
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 desserts)
- Whisk cream, half-and-half, scraped vanilla seeds, and vanilla pod in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and add chai tea bags to the cream mixture; cover and let steep for 15 minutes. Squeeze tea bags and discard; discard spent vanilla bean pod.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Whisk egg, egg yolks, and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk in cream mixture, followed by cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Spoon cream mixture into 6 6-ounce ramekins. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place ramekins in a baking pan and carefully pour enough boiling water into the pan to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the desserts are softly set, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove ramekins from the water bath and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Sprinkle each dessert with about 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar in an even layer. Use a kitchen torch to lightly brown and caramelize the sugar, about 1 minute; let the hot topping cool and harden before serving.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 38.7 32.7 6.2 328 67 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I did all the instructions correctly but to me it seems like the texture of the Brulee was a bit off. It may be due to the spice and other added ingredients. I baked it for longer than the tim...