Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 612
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk 3 tablespoons sugar and cream in a microwave-safe bowl until well combined; heat the mixture in microwave until warm, 1 to 2 minutes, and whisk again to dissolve sugar. Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour cream mixture into 2 ramekins. Set ramekins into a roasting pan and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until creme desserts are set but still slightly jiggly when shaken, about 50 minutes. Remove ramekins from hot water and chill in refrigerator until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar evenly over the top of each dessert. Use a kitchen torch to lightly toast and melt the sugar topping until brown and bubbly, about 30 seconds. Let the sugar topping cool before serving. To serve, use a spoon to crack the crisp sugar open to reveal the creamy dessert underneath.
Per Serving: 612 calories; 50.6 35.5 6.4 470 57 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 32
This creme brulee was super fast and easy and turned out to be so good, without double broiling or straining..! It made 4 servings for me because I used the shallow, 3 oz, creme brulee ramekins...
So this recipe works quite well. I like the microwave solution for heating the cream. Be sure to use 35% whipping cream, and if you have vanilla bean at home, it adds a more interesting dimensio...
I made crème brulé for my husband and I for the first time tonight. I used this recipe and I was super easy and delicious!
The taste is exquisite. I followed the directions and subbed some homemade lavender extract for the vanilla extract. Perfect. Dressed it with a couple of raspberries and boom! Christmas eve dess...
Super easy! After reading several recipes I changed this one up a bit. I added a few dashes of Nutmeg and a shot of Butterscotch Schnapps. Yum!
Super easy to make to lighten the caloric load (I know purists will be shocked) instead of heavy cream use condensed milk a great alternative.
I love it! Super simple and easy! I did a half batch which I quickly regretted after eating both servings. I used Ball jars instead of ramekins though. And after I ran out of ramekins I used a c...
Didn’t have a torch so I used the broiler setting in my oven and watched it real close until it was just like I like it... it was super yummy!!! MY FAVORITE!!!