Ingredients25 m servings 520
- Slice potatoes in wide rectangular slices about 1/4-inch thick and 3/4-inch wide, yielding 12 to 15 slices per potato. Keep potatoes in cold ice-water bath until ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Dry potato slices on paper towels.
- Fry potatoes in hot oil for 1 minute; remove from oil, drain, and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. Return potatoes to oil and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes more. Again, remove from oil and drain briefly on paper towels.
- Spread potatoes onto a baking sheet; top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and bacon.
- Heat the fries under the broiler until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with jalapeno peppers to serve with ranch for dipping.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 40 27 14.2 50 603 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Made for recipe group 7/19/13. I used fingerling potatoes sliced up. And of course extra bacon! These were wonderful. And easy enough where I left the directions for DH to make. Nice hearty side...
These were really good especially after seasoning with a little garlic salt/powder and fresh cracked black pepper. I followed the recipe to a tee and would not change a thing other than seasoni...
This is a good recipe! My fries didn't take long at all and they were that perfect soft/crunchy ratio you get in the restaurants. Thanks for a simple but tasty recipe!