Fried Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips
Ingredients30 m servings 228 cals
- Mix sweet potatoes and milk together in a bowl. Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a separate bowl. Remove a few sweet potato slices at a time, allowing excess milk to drip offl; dip the slices into the flour mixture. Place the coated sweet potatoes on a plate. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Fry the coated sweet potatoes, working in 2 to 3 batches, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain chips on a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 15.2 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 323 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I wanted to do something different with sweet potatoes so I decided to try these chips. Since I am a novice cook, I followed the recipe exactly. I used my new fry daddy by Presto. The sweet p...
Really good! used mandolin to slice and fried in coconut oil and they crisped up nice.