Ingredients45 m servings 230 cals
- Spray rice cooker bowl with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Combine bran flakes, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract together in a separate large bowl; allow bran flakes to slightly absorb the milk, about 5 minutes. Add egg and oil to bran mixture; stir to combine. Stir flour into bran mixture until just combined.
- Gently fold apple, banana, and raisins into batter. Pour into sprayed rice cooker.
- Cook in the rice cooker for 3 cycles or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Alternative oven method: pour batter into muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 8 g fat; 37 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 415 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
When I received this recipe in the Newly Published email I was intrigued. The most adventurous I've gotten with my rice cooker was to cook quinoa in it ;) I never would have thought about using ...
A very interesting bread--it was very moist and came out more like bread pudding! It was a nice fall treat and we will be making it again. I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins. Lik...