Pwdin Mynwy (Monmouth Pudding)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 32 m servings 264 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place 1 3/4 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons milk, white sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl; add milk mixture. Let cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 338 degrees F (170 degrees C). Butter a baking dish.
- Whisk 3 beaten egg yolks into the milk-bread crumb mixture. Pour half of the custard into the prepared pan.
- Heat jam in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted, about 2 minutes. Pour half over the pudding in the baking pan. Add the remaining custard; pour the remaining jam on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove pudding from oven; reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat 3 egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Add caster sugar gradually, continuing to beat until peaks form. Spread the meringue over the pudding.
- Bake in the hot oven until top is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- You'll need 3 to 4 slices of white bread for the bread crumbs. Cut the crusts off the slices, tear into pieces, and pulse in a food processor to make coarse crumbs.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 9.3 g fat; 39.8 g carbohydrates; 7.6 g protein; 111 mg cholesterol; 252 mg sodium. Full nutrition