Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 219 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Place seeds in a mixing bowl. Pour melted butter over seeds; stir to coat. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (see Cook's Note), 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon white sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread sugar mixture over seeds, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread seeds over a baking sheet in a single layer. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over seeds.
- Bake seeds in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, stir seeds, and spread evenly on baking sheet again. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl and sprinkle over seeds. Return seeds to oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove seeds from oven. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar over seeds, and return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, pour into a serving bowl, and serve warm.
- Cook's Note:
- Actual baking time may vary depending on how wet or dry your seeds were to begin with.
- Editor's Note:
- Vanilla bean sugar can be found in specialty shops or online, or you can make your own by storing a clean, dry vanilla bean in a jar of granulated sugar. (This is a great way to get more flavor out of vanilla beans you've scraped and used for other desserts.)
Per Serving: 219 calories; 18.7 g fat; 8 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 27 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1