Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 284 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake pie crust in preheated oven until firm, about 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven and set aside. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini in hot oil until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with flour and basil; cook in the skillet for 1 minute per side.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese in the bottom of pie crust. Layer vegetable mixture over the cheese and top with the tomatoes. Pour egg mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese atop the quiche.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 19.6 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 95 mg cholesterol; 524 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 66
I liked this Quiche very much.I followed each step but had to subsitute spinach for zucchini as that was the only green vegetable I had.Over the years I have not been instructed to pre bake the ...
I didn't have the tomatoes on hand so I used broccoli instead. Everyone loved it! Even my picky husband and father-in-law!!
Loved this recipe! I used chopped frozen spinach instead of the zucchini, which I cooked separate from the peppers/onions. I also used a little garlic when cooking the onions/peppers/mushrooms...
I have never made quiche before and found this recipe easy and quite tasty! Yum!
This was absolutely delicious and I will be making it again. It was a good blend of veggies including onion, pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and tomato. I paid special attention to seasoning each l...
My family loved this! Unfortunately I didn't have any zucchini or tomatoes, but I did grate some carrots which I cooked with the onion/pepper/mushroom mix. I also added some minced garlic, and s...
This quiche is excellent. Per our preference for lots of veggies, I doubled them. Just used one tomato though, and hey, it's not a veggie. Used a red bell pepper and pepper jack cheese, because ...
In the Oven as I speak. Followed this as a guide. Had a large amount of leftovers from another recipe. Sautéed squash, sautéed onions, sautéed tomatoes with spices. Added some leftover smoked Go...