Addictive Texas Trash
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 355
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Gently mix corn, rice, and wheat squares, oat rings, mixed nuts, mini pretzels, goldfish crackers, and sesame snacks in two 13x24-inch aluminum roasting pans, taking care not to break cereal.
- Stir bacon drippings, unsalted butter, Worcestershire sauce, MSG, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce together in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high in microwave for 3 or 4 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until mixture is warm, liquid, and fully combined.
- Stir seasoning sauce continuously as you pour half over the cereal mixture in each pan. Gently stir the snack mix and seasonings with a slotted spoon until thoroughly coated; do not crush cereal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is completely absorbed and the snack mix is crisp, about 2 hours; stir gently every 15 minutes. Cool completely and store in airtight containers. The snack mix stores well in freezer in airtight freezer bags, if it makes it that long.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 18.6 42.3 6.4 15 790 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I cut this recipe back by half. I had to make two small substitutions--I used all Rice Chex only because that was what I had on hand. Also I did not have sesame sticks but I did have pretzel sti...
Totally loved this recipe. Great flavor, not to spicy on our end, with my kids being raised & from Texas...it is rather good. But for the love of Pete, hahahaha one needs to know, look at the si...
Definatily addictive !! None of us could stop eating it! Substituted some of the crunchy things but followed the sauce part that gets poured over it all. I will definitely make it again next y...
Wow - this is some good stuff. As many time as I've made a snack like this, I've never made it with bacon fryings. It puts a totally delicious spin on this recipe. I made a half-batch, minus ...