Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 478 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water until chilled.
- Place avocado into a bowl and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons lime juice to prevent browning; cover and refrigerate.
- Toss cooked pasta, shrimp, tomatoes, green onions, red onion, green, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, and cilantro in a large salad bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour vegetable juice cocktail, olive oil, ketchup, and 1/4 cup lime juice into a food processor; add horseradish, jalapeno pepper, hot pepper sauce, salt, garlic, and black pepper. Pulse a few times to mix the dressing, then process until jalapeno and garlic are chopped very small, about 30 seconds. Pour dressing over pasta salad and stir to combine. Cover salad and chill thoroughly in refrigerator, 2 to 3 hours; just before serving, gently stir in avocado.
- Cook's Note:
- Alternative to shrimp: Add 2 chicken breasts or 3 chicken thighs that have been poached, cooled, skinned, boned, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add jicama and/or celery, if you like. Add up to 1 more pound of shrimp to bolster the protein.
Per Serving: 478 calories; 16.4 g fat; 59.2 g carbohydrates; 26.5 g protein; 148 mg cholesterol; 864 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
We really enjoyed this pasta salad. The cocktail sauce was a nice tasty difference from the traditional oil and vinegar or mayo type dressings. The only change I made was using the whole bell pe...
This is the first review I have ever written despite being on here for years.. just had to give a shout-out to this recipe because there was only 1 review and it really was great! Followed it ex...
Instead of the pasta, I topped a spring salad with all of the salad ingredients. Also added some radishes and cucumber. The dressing was great (no changes) and could go on nearly any green sala...
I love this! It is so refreshing and light. It's perfect if you love shrimp cocktail. I've also made a lower carb version and omitted the pasta and added more shrimp and avocado. Delicious!!!
Healthy and delicious pasta salad. It is amazing how all of the flavors standout.
My intention was to use things in the fridge...I used leftover shrimp from Chef John's Indoor BBQ Shrimp, whole wheat pasta spirals( very few as we are not big pasta eaters), didn't have orange,...
I made this just as recipe called for, We loved it. A real clean flavors. Will be making this more than my old mayo recipe. Thank You for a great recipe.
OUTSTANDING!!! Its perfect in very way. I think it'll be great even without the shrimp just over some salad.