Farro Perlato Cereal
Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 194 cals
- Place farro in a bowl and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand in refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Place farro in a saucepan and cover with water; stir in a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Mix milk, sugar, vanilla bean with seeds, and a pinch of salt together in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and milk is warm, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove vanilla bean and add farro to milk mixture. Cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- If you can't find farro, look for spelt or wheat berries, which are available in the health food section of some markets.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 2.5 g fat; 40.6 g carbohydrates; 7.1 g protein; 5 mg cholesterol; 26 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was the first time i made anything using Farro. Overall It was OK, really Filling, smelled wonderful, but probably wont make again. I skipped part of step 3. After cooking and Draining the ...
The inital flavor of the sweet vanilla milk and nutty farro is great, then it goes very bland. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup to my bowl after eating a few spoonful...
I read the reviews before considering of making it, thinking perhaps modifying it would make it less "bland". Instead of cooking in plain water, I cooked it in coconut milk. As the recipe indica...
i made this this morning. i was very curious after seeing everyone else's post and pics about it. and i must say, i have to agree....bland, bland, so bland. so i thought i would try a different ...