Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 152
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir leeks until soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Place cucumbers in a blender with grapes, almonds, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, creme fraiche, bread cubes, vinegar, cooled leeks, and water. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and cayenne pepper. If needed, add some more vinegar. Serve garnished with dill oil (see note), thinly sliced grapes, slivered almonds, and fresh dill.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make a garnish of dill oil for drizzling on top of the soup. Simply smash some fresh dill in mortar and pestle and slowly drizzle in vegetable oil.
- Freeze some soup in ice cube trays and serve in the bottom of each cup to keep the soup cold.
Per Serving: 152 calories; 12.1 9.7 2.8 18 438 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Tasty! My review is based on the published recipe (not some drastically altered variation.) The only substitution I made was because I couldn't find sherry vinegar in either of two grocery sto...
I made this using the suggested ingredients. It's very tasty. I don't have a blender so had to use what I have (a mini chopper) which made it quite fussy since I had to blend many batches. There...
very hot today. This was delicious and refreshing. Like everyone, I will tweak to personal taste, but there's no point in reviewing my own take on it. Just noting for those who wondered, the ...
The flavor was great. I used Greek yougurt lacking the creme. I'm not sure what purpose the bread serves only to get strained out... Will make again and try without the bread next time.
Loved this Gazpacho. I added a few other ingredients: yellow and orange peppers, yellow cherry tomatoes. I also changed some of the ingredients: used Salvadoran cream instead, yellow onion, and ...
Loved this. I would reduce vinegar by at least 1/2 t. Our guests went nuts over it. I didn't strain either, as others have said, but also didn't have any lumps in the soup.