Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 340
- Bring 1 cup water and oats to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, 10 minutes. Bring 1 1/2 cups water and millet to a boil in a separate saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed and millet is tender, 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine oats, millet, onion, carrot, celery, potato, safflower oil, tamari, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl; mix well.
- Press 1 pie crust pastry into a 9-inch pie pan. Pour filling into pie crust. Top with second pie crust pastry; pinch edges together. Pierce a few areas of the top crust to allow pie to ventilate during baking. Brush top crust with beaten egg.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 16.8 40 7.7 23 642 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Great taste! I cut the amount of tamari sauce in half. The allspice, nutmeg and cloves provide an unexpected pleasure. I used steel cut oats, and Thanks for the recipe!those could be changed fo...
I sauté the onions beforehand so that my kids will love it. It's an awesome pie recipe. I tweek things here and there but not much. I've substituted lovage fore celery in a pinch, reducing the...
I used soy sauce instead of tamari (and the old fashioned soy sauce will make it darker, as opposed to the Japanese sushi style one). I only had canola oil also. Turned out better than expected....
Great recipe. Only suggestion is use more water (twice as much) when cooking the oats and barley. The recipe also makes more than necessary for a 9 inch round baking pan, so I cooked mine in a r...